If you prefer, you can also email Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear CCS Family,
If you are following the news, you know that President Trump announced that all places of worship be should be classified as essential businesses and reopen effective immediately. This is wonderful, we are thankful, and - no doubt - many of you are wondering: When will CCS reopen?
Setting all of these ever-changing developments aside, we know that CCS will reopen too late for some, too soon for others, and for some: okay to wait-it-out. This tension, my beloved, is our greatest challenge: to endeavor to keep the unity of The Spirit in the bond of peace. (Eph 4:3), that [we] be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment (1 Cor 1:10). We have confidence – that our church family – will meet this challenge ‘heart-on’ with the love of God.
Jesus said…“ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” – Matt 22:37-40
We are sending this brief letter to you today, to let you know where things are at:
- (1) This Sunday, May 24th:We will continue with our online services at 9am and 11 am.
- We are SO EAGER to see you at our BBQ Drive Thru from 11:30am – 1:30pm at CCS. In other words, you must – PLEASE - come and see us!!
- (2) Beyond this Sunday:Early this coming week we will be sending out a more detailed communication as to what has been going on in planning for our reopening. So PLEASE ‘hold on!’ for further information. 😊
- (3) Please continue in your prayers. We are eager to regather. We miss you! We miss being together. We are ready to say: ‘NOW, it came to pass.’ (Luke 11:1) So, let us continue to move this ‘reopening’ process along prayerfully so that we do not lose heart (Luke 18:1; 2 Cor 4:16ff; etc…), patiently with the wisdom that comes from above (James 1:5, 3:17), and abundantly - by the power of the Holy Spirit that works in us. (Eph 3:20; Rom 15:13)
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:13
You are greatly loved and appreciated.
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. - Psalm 46:1
Dear Calvary Chapel South,
As I’m sure you are well aware, the situation in our country surrounding the Coronavirus has escalated drastically this past week or so. We are being asked by local authorities, Governor Inslee, and President Trump to cancel group gatherings to help stop the spread of the virus. Therefore, the leadership team at Calvary Chapel South has made the decision to cancel all in-person gatherings until further notice.
As much as we will miss NOT gathering in person, we are all the more motivated about the opportunities we see in front of us. In this time of struggle and hardship, we will cry out to Jesus and find Him to be our ever-present help in every time of need. As we’ve been brainstorming and planning with our staff this week, we believe – because of God’s love - that our faith will be shining like never before!
So let His love shine through you by continuing to engage in the ministry during the season! Here’s how:
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES WILL BE LIVE ONLINE AT 9AM & 11AM (click here)
- Kids – Be sure to get the kids together to participate in the Kid Stream that will follow both regular services and include worship, a lesson, and a message from Ms. Lindsey!
- Youth – At 11AM, Tribe will premiere a video on their YouTube channel that will include a couple worship songs and a short video message from Pastor TJ. Following the video, youth will meet up digitally with their leaders using Google Hangouts.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL BE LIVE ONLINE AT 7PM
- This Wednesday (Tonight) – A casual, interactive livestream on CCS Facebook and Tribe Instagram with Pastor Kevin and Pastor TJ. Get ready to ask either of them all the questions you’ve always wanted to ask! :)
FACEBOOK GROUP (click here)
If you haven’t already, now is a great time to join our private Facebook group where we’re fellowshipping, encouraging, praying, and joking around with each other all week long!
We’re working towards getting our church family praying around the clock. Soon we’ll challenge you to claim a weekly 30 minute slot to pray on behalf of our church family.
Pastor John is organizing teams of people to make phone calls to minister and pray for individuals in our church, especially our seniors. To get involved email email@example.com
We’re currently talking to group leader about utilizing platforms like Google Hangout and Zoom to continue with various discipleship groups and Bible Studies. If you’re interested in leading a digital group, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, we want to encourage everyone to do everything they can to be the church, even when you can’t go to church. Be intentional about your relationships; make more phone calls, send more texts, hop on a google hangout. As we all do our part to stop the spread of the virus, may we also do our part to RAPIDLY spread the love and hope of our Savior. Many are very aware that they need saving right now, and we have the opportunity to point them to the only One who can.
We love you. We’re praying for you. We’re here for you.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
FINDING PEACE IN THE CHAOS - DEVOTIONALS