Tutoring Program Director
Program Overview. The Tutoring Station is a free program helping students in grades 1-5 develop math and reading skills in a fun and well-behaved environment. The curriculum is geared to individual needs and includes reading from the Bible. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:40pm to 5:15pm at Calvary Chapel South.
Program vision. The Tutoring program director will have the opportunity to provide elementary students in the community an opportunity to learn about Jesus and be taught reading and math fundamentals in a well behaved, Godly disciplined environment. Our purpose is teaching participating students about Jesus first, but also provide tutoring that would assist these children in life skills of reading and mathematics at their age level that it would change the direction of their educational future. We would be providing these children an opportunity for success in this life, while sharing eternal treasures.
Requirements. The program director must be spiritually mature and capable of leading a team. Teaching experience is highly helpful but not mandatory. They must be faithful and committed and have a heart to see the students grow both academically and spiritually.
Job will include
- Setting up and overseeing about 50 Tutoring Sessions over 25 weeks a year
- Recruiting and training new tutors
- Attending one or two school open houses to recruit students
- Processing student applications
- Building positive student relationships that lead to gospel presentations
- Scheduling tutors for the days they serve
- Attending occasional team leader meetings
- Help tutors grow in the technical side of tutoring
- Work with Kent Elementary to evaluate student progress
- Purchase and organize the supply and snack room
- Stay until the las student leaves the program
- Overseeing behavior issues
- Conduct debrief meetings at the end of the tutoring sessions.
- Other tutoring related tasks as necessary
- $25,000 per year (There are about 6 months of classes and then the other half of the year is for recruiting, training and preparation)
Part-Time/Hourly - Contractor
We’re looking for awesome and responsible adults and teenagers who have a heart to care for children and share God’s love with them. Calvary Chapel South has regular events and groups the require childcare as we minister to parents and family members. The right candidate will have a servant’s heart and share in our vision to equip families, knowing their job as a childcare provider plays a vital part in that process.
A Childcare Provider is responsible for the growth and well-being of each child in their care. They will have the privilege of being an influence in their spiritual growth and an example of Jesus’ love to them.
In the classroom, the Childcare Provider is expected to engage with all children and be attentive to their needs in a loving and caring way. Communicating with parents as needed and maintaining safety and order in the classroom.
Schedule: varies based on event schedule /weekly if providing childcare for groups
Reports to: Children’s Ministry Administrator